During our US press launch drive of the 2012 3 Series (F30) we took the opportunity to meet with an E90POST member (SharkH8R) who is local to the Monterey area and owner of an E90 325i (on lowered suspension). We had the chance to photograph the F30 and E90 in various angles for a great comparison of the styling and visual differences.
Here is how F30's physical dimension compares to a factory E90 (official stats from BMW):
NOTE: This E90 is lowered on KW coilovers, giving the appearance of the E90 being much lower than the stock F30 in some photos.
- 0.31 inches (8 mm) taller
- 3.66 inches (93 mm) longer body
- 1.96 inches (50 mm) longer wheelbase
- 1.45 inches (37 mm) wider track [front]
- 1.85 inches (47 mm) wider track [rear]
- 0.59 inches (15 mm) more legroom for rear passengers
- 0.31 inches (8 mm) more headroom