Originally Posted by pcbrew
FYI, you need BMW Assist (6NL) to be able to get BMW Apps (6NR).
- 6NL gives you the hardware combox and enhanced BT and USB required.
- It also gives you a wireless connection and GPS for accident reporting, stolen vehicle tracking, and ability to send addresses via email to the Nav
- In US it is $650 and includes 4 year subscription to the Safety plan.
- $199/year after that.
- MyBMW Remote features, below, are contingent on active subscriotion / wireless connection
- With 6NL you can use the MyBMW remote app to
- do Google searches & send addresses to the Nav (via the wireless connection)
- Remote healight flash & horn
- Remote unlock
- in EU, you can start a remote pre-condition cycle to ventilate a car in the summer
- 6NR (Apps) is just a software option on top of this.
- BMW Connected Drive App, Pandora, etc. control and UI via iDrive.
So in other words, 6NL is essential, 6NR is useless