View Single Post
      07-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #104
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Sauber F1 1. I don't know if BMW follows formus, but if they do so, then this is the perfect place to tell them what we don't like.

I'm sure they don't. They are the #1 automaker in this segment and clearly know what they're doing via their own data and market research. In fact, the last thing they'd do is visit a fan forum that doesn't accurately represent their target audience in the slightest.

2. As for me not being the intended audience. Really? I get a new 3 series every 3 years, since 1995 and am due for a new one in 15 months, if I choose to do so.

Yes, really. You are an anomaly. If you were the norm then the F30 would be smaller, narrower, shorter, tighter, harder, and have a bigger engine. The proof is in the car itself. It's built perfectly to suit its target audience. If you were the majority, if you were the audience, the car would be exactly as you want it. The fact that it's mostly the opposite of what you want is BMW telling you "it's not for you, Sauber."

3.Why is it such a problem for you that we are asking BMW to plug in a smaller car, below the current 3? Is it going to change you from getting a F30?

It's a problem only because there is just too much conversation that goes along these lines, just too many threads derailed by people who wish the F30 to fail, who have no interest in the car, and will never buy one. Someone starts a thread "I really like my F30 and the ride is really smooth" and then an 'enthusiast' just has to invade with the expected "I hate the F30 because blah blah 6 cylinder blah blah aspirated blah blah firm blah blah sporty blah blah smaller blah blah torque blah blah E46" and on and on.

4. I keep hearing excuses that there is no market for such a car. BMW decided to make a 5GT or the X6. Did people really ask for those? I don't think so, but they still build them. Yet you keep complaining about all the whiners on the forum asking for a smaller car. Well, case in point. You can't get tired of something if there isn't a lot of buzz about it, aka a market for it. You are contradicting yourself!

BMW is very smart and has tons of different cars and configurations, right? The fact that they don't have the configuration you're looking for is the answer to your question.

I get the concept of crowdsourcing and guerilla discussion forum marketing. This isn't Occupy Wall Street or Donate For Abused School Bus Monitors. You can get satisfaction if you get an E36 and spend $30,000 on mods. Supposedly this is what these forums are all about, what you'll get lots of cred for. Go for it. Don't look to BMW to solve your problem, a problem that only 100 other people have. BMW sells 350,000 of these cars a year. Be satisfied with a 1 Series, a 3 Sport, a 3 M-Sport, or an M3 or go find another car company. That's not me giving you advice; that's BMW telling you what to do with your request.

BJ
Appreciate 0