View Single Post
      10-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #47
Mako
2000 M Roadster (sold), 2006 M Coupe (sold)

Drives: '12 X3 35i M Spt '13 335 M Spt

most of these deals can't be compared to each other, different incentives, different locations, trade-ins...

in my case its $1,000 over invoice but I have $1750 in incentives plus the dealer is giving me about $1100 tax credit that no other dealer was willing to do, now dealers normally keep those tax credits for themselves, I have bought tons of cars and had never even heard of a dealer doing that for a customer until now. I am sure they made money on my trade in, probably more than they are making on my 335i, haha, but in the end I couldn't have sold my trade in for more than I was getting from them with even the regular tax credit (not including their bonus credit). So I feel as though I am walking out the door getting this car for about $1850 under invoice. How can I not be happy wtih that? and I know the dealer still is making money on the new sale, my trade in and future service. Could I have gotten $250-$500 more off, maybe, but that dealership might not have also offered full tax credit on my trade by using their tax credits from other trade ins...
Mako is offline   United_States