View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #128
Roki_014
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Only for those who are attempting to make up for their low self esteem and other shortcomings. Very much like those who continuously reassert themselves in an effort to make them feel less feeble and meek.

And one needn't be wealthy to drive a 3 Series. Until the introduction of the 1 Series, the 3 Series was the lowliest of models you could purchase from BMW. You generally aren't going to impress anyone when you drive the absolute cheapest model available. But that's the great thing about most BMW enthusiasts. They are accepting of everyone who shares their loyalty to the marque - regardless of series or model.

With respect to the sporting nature of the 3 Series, I'm beginning to think you are a fish out of water in a BMW. I think you would be much happier in a Lexus or M-B. An M-B will take you much further in your quest for the illusion of a higher station in life than a BMW ever will. BMW is an enthusiast brand whereas M-B is meant to cater to the egocentric wealthy car-as-appliance types. You know, the ones who boast about how well off they are and fill up their signatures with references to said "wealth".
But than he would need to get a C Class
Appreciate 0