Originally Posted by rjberry
Thanks, I downloaded a guide to the Connected app to try and make sense of it and I think all I got from it was to plug the cable into the phone
The thing is I did get it to work once but then can't figure out what I did that time. I must be honest though, I haven't really tried too many times.
If you could send me a check-list of what steps you go through I'll give it a go
Nice colour car by the way
The color is nice, would love to have your individual interior though!
I tried apps with cable earlier today, and here are the steps I followed:
1. Get in the car
2. Yell ACHTUNG loudly for 3-5 seconds (this is optional)
3. Plug in the USB cable from the armrest to the iPhone 5
3. Start the BMW Connected App in the iPhone
4. Go to ConnectedDrive from the iDrive main menu
5. A category "Apps" should show up
If it doesn't work, turn off and on the iphone and car and try again.
I don't use the apps much since most features works with BT and without cable, but hopefully the Connected app will be continuously developed and more useful as time goes.