Originally Posted by jtuds
S-line is not a trim level. You can buy a A4 S-line. It has more power. The S4 and the S-line are not the same thing. S-line is like Audi's version of a M sport package, except that it actually adds power.
I'm well aware. I almost bought an S5 in 2010. My wife was looking at an A4 S-Line and the S4 but decided on the BMW instead.
The S-Line is an option package, just like M Sport. No, it doesn't make more power at all. Where did you get that?
From audiusa.com when building an A4:
S line package
With a more aggressive suspension, 19-inch wheels and an interior makeover, the S line Package sharpens the attitude and appearance of the A4.
- Additional stone guard body covers
- 19" 5-segment-spoke design wheels with 255/35 summer performance tires
- S line front and rear bumpers
- S line doorsill trim
- Black cloth headliner
- Brushed Aluminum decorative inlays
- Three-spoke multifunction, flat-bottom, sport steering wheel (with shift paddles on automatic)
- Front sport seats with 4-way power lumbar adjustment
- Sport suspension
It's a Sport package. Trim, wheels, seats, stiffer suspension. Just like my "AMG Package" Mercedes was (and the M Sport Pkg from BMW). All show, no go.