11-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #157
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
Maybe the culture has changed, but I thought you pretty much HAD to drive American (and preferably Ford) if you worked at Ford? I hope you don't work at / near a plant. I was under the impression that a car like a BMW would be risking vandalism if it were parked in a plant parking lot.

Btw, I'm as big a fan of BMWs as anyone, but there are plenty of nice Ford cars as well. With that kind of attitude you won't endear yourself to your new co-workers. (Maybe I'm biased from having driven a Ford for the last ten years. )
Point taken...I'm working at the R&D center where most of my colleagues will have PhDs and masters degrees, so much different than a plant in terms of culture. I think they force anyone not driving a Ford to park far away at the plant, and vandalism could be a problem there.

Our family has had disastrous experiences with Fords, especially transmission problems. Plus, I don't think they really have a model that can compete with a 335, maybe the new MKZ, but I just don't feel confident spending that kind of money on a Lincoln.