View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Drives: Estoril Blue II F30 M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)

It is called an actuator. A wastegate is different, but they do similiar jobs. The actuator pushes the flap open when the turbine gets to the set boost to allow for some of the exhaust gases to bypass the rear turbine wheel, so it doesn't keep spinning to infiniti and blow the engine / the turbo up.
Kaitain is offline  
Reply With Quote