11-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
well he showed me the live system before and it said PW46. he actually screenshotted it when it went 112 and emailed it to me. don't really think he's lying , but it is kind of annoying it hasn't been built yet, the live system from what i saw would just tell him when it got into 150, not why it was in 112 still.

just hoping it gets built for sure this time, i mean in the end we really dont have much control over this, so i figure bugging our CAs a ton isn't going to really help it go faster.
From what I've observed, they should have a pretty good idea of the build timing. Given what you've said, I'd either be concerned about either the honesty or competency of your CA. What if you find out this is a SA build?!?! I put the 1k down payment on 11/8 and was informed on 11/15 that the car was in production and would be completed by 11/22. The dealer traded for this allocation when I refused to take a SA build, which as he put it was "already being built" and could still be "configured to your specifications while on the line".

I think it comes down to how timely do you *need* the car? If it's a hard constraint then I'd cut ties and look for something on a lot, because as SamS has stated, there's holidays to consider and it seems like recently there has been some backup with vehicle port traffic (maybe due to Sandy?). If you can afford to wait, I'd at least convey your annoyance with this and demand some kind of compensation either monetary or in parts.