Originally Posted by pops_f30
So I tested this out a little further, started the car as normal, went into the house and left the key inside.
Drove off and no warning noises - not sure I like this "feature"!
The warning message dismisses itself after a few seconds so it probably appeared as you were taking the key into the house & had gone by the time you returned.
I tried it...
- Started car as normal, backed out of garage, opened door, put keyfob on shelf in garage.
- As soon as I got in the car and closed the door (door open message goes away), got a 'bong' and this on the black panel display...
as well as this on iDrive...
...both messages disappeared after about 4-5 seconds.
I was still able to select 'D' and drive off.
- Drove the car about 50 yds up the road, pulled over and switched the engine off.
- Tried to start it - nothing, just got this...
- Tried a couple more times and I then got a message asking me to hold the keyfob up to the steering column.