12-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #76
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I'm not quite sure Mark, I paid an additional amount to swap to the 330, but I would say it is going to be 1000 if it were for a full year.

I do use the car for business, so not SD&P only, but have NCD 5 and over 40, no points, no convictions, no nothing......oh and I'm male which should entitle me to a lower rate now right?

The biggest joke is Aviva telling me this model is extra difficult to fix so incurs an additional 250 excess......she then said this additional excess is only payable for an own fault claim, to which I said "Isn't any excess?"

I would be very interested in hearing from the other M Sport owners or non M Sport 330D/335i owners with Aviva if they have also been hit with this additional excess BS.
I'm paying 1150 I think it is with Elephant, also 5 years NCB, no points or accidents; and I also have my girlfriend on there which whacked it up by 300 (27, driving for just over 3 years, no points but accident just under 3 years ago). Don't use it for business though. Aviva quoted me around 1500 I think it was even without mods etc., so with your business use included I guess it doesn't look so bad? Still quite a lot though!

Definitely a load of BS re. the excess, what's the point in guessing if they don't know, with something as serious as insurance?!