View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #58

Drives: on hold

Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Lots of people saying it looks too much like a 3 series? My understanding, maybe incorrectly, is that the 4 series is the 3 series coupe rebranded? No different than the E90 vs E92. BMW rebranded it as the 4 series rather than the market calling it a 3 series coupe and also focusing on the sporty side.

Unless I'm incorrect, it SHOULD look like a 3 series as it isn't really a different car... similar platform as the 3 series just a coupe version called a 4 series.

P.S. I think it looks great.
It shouldn't look the same. The coupe is a different series now it would be very stupid to have 2 cars that are completely in a different series but have same look (front) - marketingwise. Doesn't matter if they have the same chassis; very little number of people know this. I love the rest of the car though
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!