View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!

Drives: Austin Yellow f80

Which reminds me, I will never EVER list a car on an enthusiast forum again. Wow. The buying crowd here seems to want to get a steal, not a deal. I get PM's all the time asking if I will sell it for KBB trade-in value. WOW! Word of advice, if you want a KBB car, you go look for it on the KBB listings. Not all cars will judged by the KBB value. A nicely modded, well maintained enthusiast's car with a few thousand $$$ worth of add-ons is not exactly your KBB car.

There are currently 2 people from Craigslist pretty much fighting over this car. I dropped the price to $13,500 for this weekend only, just to be able to move it in time for my f30. Well, they both over-bid over each other and drove the price back up again to $14k (compared to $10k and $11k I was getting here). Will see tomorrow.

Even eBay bidders, placed bids as high as $13,900 last week, when the car was priced at $14,900.

In my experience, enthusiast forum buyers -

I would have really liked to see this car go to an enthusiast from the boards. Disappointing.
"... but really, you just gotta ... you just gotta turn it all off, boys! You gotta turn it all off and you gotta wreck some tires! That's what M cars are all about, isn't it?"

-Chris Harris on the f80 M3