View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #18
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!

Drives: Austin Yellow f80

Now, my current rental is interesting. As some of you know, I asked for the smallest possible car they could find me at Enterprise. Normally, I was expecting something crappy. Like reaaally basic, full of problems, underpowered and what not.

What I got was a fun, quirky little thing that is packed with technology. $15,000, you really can not go wrong with this car. Here are some highlights:

2013 Chevy Spark

MPG: 40 hwy, 35 city, 38 combined
Bluetooth integration
Touch screen media interface
USB port
Although the seats are uncomfortable, the ride is impressively nice and firm in this car (in a good way.)
Plenty of get-up-and-go in first and second gear. No problems with low speeds.

I'd hate to say it, but I really really am looking forward to driving this car in the morning. It is a lot of fun to be in a "small" car again. Only now do I realize how much bigger our 3 series are getting. I'm almost sure at this point my next car (well, next one after this) will be a 1 or 2 series.

If you can have this much fun with $15,000 and a 1.2 liter, 85 HP little thing ... the Chevy Spark makes me wonder if I overpaid for my BMW.
"... but really, you just gotta ... you just gotta turn it all off, boys! You gotta turn it all off and you gotta wreck some tires! That's what M cars are all about, isn't it?"

-Chris Harris on the f80 M3