Originally Posted by webdither
I test drove the S4 twice.
- Felt heavier, bigger, less nimble
- MUCH more expensive lease payment. Residual was not as good as BMW.
- (opinion) F30 looks better inside and out
- That silver painted plastic around the instrument cluster was a huge turnoff, looks cheap
- S4 body style is OLD now. Likely to get a complete overhaul before the end of a lease, rather get the all new look of the BMW.
EXACT same reasons for me...great mind's think alike!
I think the new tech in the F30, and how it's very driver's oriented (like the subtle angling of the controls towards the driver) all add to the "ULTIMATE DRIVING" experience...
AND MOST IMPORTANLY: Aftermarket support. M Performance, Dinan, JB, etc. made the difference. For the S4, I found limited options and they were not factory supported NOR as "affordable" as the BMW options...