View Single Post
      02-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #25
Brigadier General

Drives: X5 & 335xi

Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335
Originally Posted by wayman519
Originally Posted by 1.fresh.f30.335 View Post
run flats rob you of performance and they cost twice as much... Do yourself a favor, buy normal tires, and then get a can of fix a flat... If you wonder what you should do with the other 500 buck I just saved you, I am always free for dinner as a thank you for the info
Driving without run flats its like driving without airbags. I think $500 bucks is worth it when you pop a tire on the highway. Plus you save the rims.
Really? They're comparable to airbags? Ok,I guess different priorities for different people... performance>convenience everyday

This is one of those things where it's tough to prove. BMW quotes the x drive at 4.8s to 60 with the run flats. 4.8 is more than adequate for most folks. If you can find a 335 x drive doing the deed in say 4.2s, which is impossible I guess so I will lower it to 4.6 then you have a point that rfts are robbing performance. Most publications have reported braking and lateral g numbers in line with the best in the segment, the ATS for example. The burden of proof is upon you sir
EBII 2014 335i xDrive
335HP, Sport AT, 19" Wheels, MPE, Prem, Tech, Cold, HK, Driver Assist & DH pkgs

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages