Any Overheating or Limp Mode Issues For F30 On Track?
The e90 335i has some well-documented issues with overheating and/or limp mode on the track. I think they even referred to it as the "Limp Mode Party" or something. In any event, does anyone have experience with whether the F30 has any tendency to overheat or go into limp mode on track (whether the 328 or 335)? Whatever your experience, good or bad, please give as much detail as possible, including:
1) whether the car is a 328 or 335;
2) climate conditions (e.g. temperature outside, exessive humidity, high altitude...etc.);
3) number of consequentive minutes on track;
4) whether the temp guage moved;
5) perceived heat soak / loss of power over time; and
6) particular track set up for your car including whether there is any software upgrade, aftermarket radiator or intercooler....etc.
SCCA & Midwestern Council W2W, '91 Spec Miata, '07
NASA TTD Champion, Midwest, '99 M3, '09
Midwstrn Council TT Champion, BS, '10 GTI, '10 &'11