02-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #42
mjmonjure
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
I've owned my Melbourne red 335i M sport for around 2 weeks now and still running it in, I know some people disagree with running in new cars but its my personal preference and we have had snow since I took delivery so thought I'd have to take it easy in such weather anyway.
The point of this thread is I'm surprised at the amount of dissatisfied owners there are out there, I know the f30 has its foibles as all cars do but I love my car and I'm proud to be able to own such a nice car, in fact I didn't even test drive the car when I bought it! Are you happy with yours???
I was absolutely enamored (yes with my car, I know, sick) at first, that is until I brought it in for some freak tire flats and they gave me a 328i convertible. Straight six, non-electronic steering. It seemed a little non-refined at first, but after a few days (tires were not in stock) I began to really like the connection to the road and the smoothness of the six. I thought, no big deal, when I get my sedan back, the "refinement" should be a welcome change. It was not, I am sorry to say. I now miss the loaner. When I'm done being up side down in my loan, I will be buying the in-line six, hopefully without the electronic steering. I would even consider buying a certified used one if that was the only way to get it without the electronic steering.