03-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #341
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
The M-Performance springs are Progressive rather than the M-Sport Linear Springs (although most pure track applications are linear)..and, while being somewhat similarly sprung, the coils are much thicker and, of course, the spring height is shorter. So, more or less, it still feels comfortable/compliant and very similar to the M-Sport in regular driving situations but the stack tightens much more dramatically on corners and is very noticeable when pushed to the limit compared to M-Sport. I'm loving mine so far!
Curious about your complete setup. What wheels/tires are you on? I am definitely not feeling any resemblance to M-Sport. Even on smooth roads, the car does not sway or rock over rolling humps. The car just feels glued to the road and follows every contour. I am once again in an M-Sport this week as dealer checks alignment on mine and car definitely sways and rocks more like a "comfortable" ride - even with the same ARBs. Kind of made me a bit nauseous cuz i'm not used to it any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
"comfy" is not how i'd describe it.. LOL

It's bumpier than sport (not much... but it is), and WAY bumpier than stock.

All that matters not, however, 'cause it corners like it's on rails
^^Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
...im on the fence about getting this done (well i want it, just have to make sure my kid and wife can take it)..we have crappy roads here in DC/Northern VA.
Definitely be careful with passengers in the back seat. Especially if they are tall and have limited headroom. Already gave one of my passengers a bit of a headache over a speed bump at 1 mph.

I'm thinking the difference TreDirtyFive is suggesting might be from higher profile tires. I'm on 19" 403M setup.
Appreciate 0