07-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #170
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by accel View Post
No one says e90 328i is faster than f30 328i. (But as far as I remember e90 335i is faster than f30 335i though). But if you care of acceleration this much - why haven't you bought yourself a Mustang?

If the a Mustang could be purchased with a comparable 8AT to the one from the F30 (or M3 DCT for that matter) I'd be driving a GT500.

But I mentioned a number of objective measurable to compare, you just chose to pull out the one easiest to toss in the "go buy a mustang" argument. But then again, I'm pretty sure the GT and Definitely the Boss will outperform any 3 series in any performance category (and now that I think about it, won't the GT keep up with the M3 and Boss beat it too?).

I just am not a fan of the exterior styling on anything outside of the GT500 and the interior isn't exactly that great either for that matter, although one can't deny the performance. This is a forum where we spend a lot of time talking about track performance and lap times, not sure why we'd look down on someone with a better performing car because the leather inside isn't quite as nice or it doesn't have a BMW badge on it.

You got me way off topic, but as with most things, apparently we tend to defend our purchases. I see you own a E9X, so of course you'd defend that choice. I personally didn't even consider a 3 series until the F30 came out, I found the E9x styling dated and wasn't a fan of the interior. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Good thing we have lots of options.

I personally can't wait until the next gen M3, Mustang, and Vettes come out (in that order).
Appreciate 0