View Single Post
      08-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #374
bluemark81
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 x-drive luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
If you you hear wind noise around the A-Pillars, then you may have what I had. There is a SIB (service bulletin) for this issue, it's SIB 51 04 13.

I just had this repair done and it made a world of difference for me.

See: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=99

They replaced the windshield drip moldings (left and right) and used the new blue clips to secure them. The whooshing/buffeting noise is gone.

The drip molding is also a slightly different design in that there is an added reinforcing flange at the bottom. It's definitely an upgraded part from the original that I had on my car which didn't have these flanges.
They replaced those on mine after I repeatedly said I did not feel that was causing the issue with mine as my noise was clearly coming from a different location. They called and told me the issue has been fixed after replacing the A pillar strips. I asked if they drove it to ensure it was fixed. Yup, all repaired. The minute I drove out of the lot and onto the highway, there it was.......As soon as i hit 80 kph, noise from my B pillar area exactly as it was before. They only give lip service hoping we are stupid enough to think the noise magically has disappeared. Very frustrating when they don't listen.
Appreciate 0