09-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
328AL
Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
And I think we are all agreed that HIDs are better, but some of us are stuck with what we have! I'd love HIDs on my car, but the deal was simply too good to turn down, so normal bulbs it is.
I'm too well familiar with this approach, I bought my e90 of a dealer's lot and stuck with it for 3 years with halogens.

All I'm trying to do is to manage expectations about these upgrades, because not everyone is going to be satisfied with improvements and trade-offs.

Some of the videos and photos are misleading at best and some are outright doctored. Take the picture from OP from another thread where he compares 2 lights; he took all his pictures from the driver's side (instead of from a center of a car), so the angle was favoring the replaced bulb. Anyone who are familiar with photography knows that closer objects would appear lighter on a picture.

As I said before, in my personal experiment Philips lights were marginally whiter and more intense, but it was not enough for me (personally) relatively to a prospect replacing them every 6-12 months (I'm living in hot climate); it simply was not appealing to me.

Thus, I do encourage people to try them out and make their own conclusions, as long as they know what to expect, and have an option to take the lights back if they don't like them w/o wasting their money.
Appreciate 0