Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
I would expect the market for 400s to be less than what is currently being offered right? Most people are going for performance and I'm guessing 400 wouldn't offer much improved performance over stock right?

Most makers of DPs seem to only offer catless since that's what most want since they're cheaper and give the most performance. The HFC is a great option for those (like myself) who are worried about the smell and hope for no codes thrown, but a lot probably have a tune also (JB4) that can auto delete. The issue comes in when you want to pass strict emissions tests.

Guess we can't have it all... $800-$900 for a DP that isn't much of an improvement over stock would be a tough sell IMO. But if it offers the same performance of a catless, then hey, I'd probably grab one if it can pass emissions tests and no chance of throwing a code.
The higher cell count cat we can use is just as efficient as the 200 cell one, just the cost is much higher. Some guys barely want to spend $650 for the HFC one now, so putting it at $900 makes it even a harder sell. We'll mess around with it some when the schedule opens up some more, but I just don't see as many people lining up for a $900 option
I just spent $800 on a 400 cell DP for my wife's Acura RDX...

If you build it, idiots like me will come.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0