View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #122
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D M-Sport Auto

I have successfully installed the NBT unit into the car today. When I first powered up after connecting (currently without the Emulator) the Navigation actually started and showed the map. After leaving it and starting it again, Navigation is greyed out, which is what I would have expected to happen (first time).

One odd issue though. When I install the new iDrive Nav controller with the extra buttons (not Touch) it doesn't work at all. I haven't coded the car yet, but the original controller works fine with the new NBT. Could this be a coding issue or could there be any other reason it won't work (e.g. Faulty)?

Also, I currently have no sound but I do have the Premium Sound system (HK Audio) installed. I don't know why this would need a trigger wire in the trunk connecting to the fuse box. If it worked on HU_Entry then I presume it is part of the wiring harness so would have expected it to work with the NBT. Anyone know the reason why it doesn't? I do have one of the Fuse splicing things incoming from eBay.

As shawn stated there were no connections for DAB on the back like there were on my HU_Entry, but I am happy to live without the worse quality of DAB over a good FM signal. The car is at least showing what is now and next on my selected radio station.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Appreciate 0