View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
ofcounsel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
^ this. You're not going to get a clear answer. Some love leatherette and some hate it. I'm in the leather camp. BMW's Dakota leather is quite good and it is very sturdy. It is not as bad as some will tell you it is and their leatherette is not as good as some will tell you it is.

Merc's MBTex is markedly better than BMW's leatherette. If fact, it's almost impossible to get a C Class and most E Class cars with actual leather without ordering the car. Merc even puts their MBTex in $80,000 GL Class SUVs.
Oh, and one thing I would also add: I am impressed and happy with the leatherette, but if my car was exactly the same, but an extra $1000 for the leather, I would have taken the leather. And as much as I'm impressed with the leatherette, I still would have taken the leather if given the choice. For no other reason than I'm kind of a snob that way I bought mine as a former loaner, so I really didn't have a choice.