View Single Post
      01-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #16
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw007
I wish the f30 had a sound symposer. If i could install an aftermarket one i would, does such a thing exist???
I test drove a m135i prior to buying my 335. I loved the sound and was assured by the lying sales rep that the f30 sounded exactly the same.
Well, all i can say is what a disappointment.
Seriously, this car produces a whining, metallic sound with no character that makes me cringe every time i go over 4k rpm. I have the MPE but that makes NO difference to what you hear in the cabin. Sounds good outside so i'm told, but i can't hear that..
I agree with the high pitched engine whining that could be heard from the cabin above 4k rpm. It actually kind of annoys me because it sounds much like a motor that's being revved too high and about to blow. I also agree with others when they say the car sounds great on the outside. All you need to do is roll down your windows and can immediately hear the nice exhaust note over the high pitched cabin whine, this of course comes with a lot wind noise as well but you get the idea. As for the sound symposers; as much as I hate the engine whine, I would never buy into something as [in my opinion] tacky as that.
2013 EB2 F30 335i M-Sport 6MT / M Performance Front Lip / M Performance Shift Knob w. Alcantara Boot / EB2 Matched Side Markers / EB2 Matched Keyhole Cover / CF Wrapped Rear Spoiler / CF Wrapped Mirror Caps / Matte Black Grill / Mirrorred Signal Bulbs / H&R Sport Springs w. Bilstein B8 Suspension / Vintage Gold Dipped Niche Verona's 19x8.5 F and 19x9.5 R ET+35 Wrapped in Conti DWS