View Single Post
      01-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
Falafel Combo
I can't heel toe!

Drives: Austin Yellow f80

Originally Posted by SamS View Post
If they do have these closed-door events in the US, I've certainly never been privileged enough to attend

Since I have two small kids, I've pretty much decided that a coupe is not a good fit. Of course I already knew that, having owned an E92 M3. Plus I hate the long doors of the coupe!

I am hoping the F36 will combine what I love about the my F30, with the more eye-catching styling of the coupe. I think I actually prefer the front/rear fascia of the M-sport F32/F36 over even the F80/F82! Looks more simple, yet aggressive on the non-M cars.

I've never owned a hatch or 5-door car, so that is intriguing to me. I realize it will be (relatively) pricey, but that will add a bit of exclusivity, I bet. I'm starting to see no-line F30s just pop up everywhere around Texas.

If it looks like that render, as you say, I have little doubt that it will be a hit.

Ditto. My e92 M3 is for sale. Making room for the gran coupe. While I dig the whole coupe thing, the e92 has been a pain to live with, as an everyday driver. The gran coupe is a great compromise between a coupe design and sportiness, sedan versatility and hatchback utility. Need I say more?
"... but really, you just gotta ... you just gotta turn it all off, boys! You gotta turn it all off and you gotta wreck some tires! That's what M cars are all about, isn't it?"

-Chris Harris on the f80 M3