Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespers
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
6NS is for NBT pro nav (which doesn't have a combox) 6NK is for cars with the combox.
6NS is the option I ordered for my non-nav car, I guess that means they will add a combox with the entry HU. I'll find out in a couple of months when it shows up.
Perhaps Rich9600 can tell us, in this thread he said he has EBT (6NS) with a entry HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I have now managed to activate basic voice recognition, which is just like my E90 had it appears, just to dial numbers or call entries which have been manually saved by saying the persons name to store it.

Might try 6NS just in case, but i highly doubt it will work!
It might not - but it could perhaps still explain the difference in functionality - perhaps the most you can get in your HW configuration is the 6NK functionality.
I can confirm that I have 6NS with the basic non-navigation iDrive.

Just checked the VIN Decoder to make extra sure... I had a brochure from last spring and it showed a different code to the 6NS in October version I ordered off.

I do have a combox in the boot. Voice control works, as do Text messages. My phone is connected by Apple Lightning to USB. I get album artwork and great sound quality. The nice lady in the dashboard reads my text messages to me also.

Before heading out today I had a wee play and BT Audio works. However, everything is better by USB... Haven't tried texts purely with a BT connection.

I don't seem to be able to activate Siri from the steering wheel...