View Single Post
      02-10-2016, 02:41 AM   #34
DLag30
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80M3 & F36

Just finished this DIY. A few things that will make this easier; adjust both front seats to their farthest setting to obtain more space and open the moon roof to let light in. Note; the steering wheel can be rotated easily with the battery disconnected. Another issue I ran into is I ordered the wiring harness for a NON-HEATED steering wheel. I ended up just taking the connector for the paddle shifter and incorporating it to the harness that came with the car(Pin 2 and Ground of the steering wheel harness).

Also, I've attached pictures of connector A83*2B (SZL) and A173*7B (FEM). To my surprise, my vehicle was pre-wired for paddle shifter(maybe because its a sportline). In the pictures it's the Green/white wire. The last two pictures shows how the steering wheel harness needs to be routed so it doesn't interfere with the horn. Before installing the complete steering wheel onto the car, I installed the airbag onto the steering wheel and made sure the wiring harness doesn't interfered with the horn mechanism.

Lastly, the Steering wheel BOLT needs to be torque down to 46 ft-lbs.
Attached Images

Last edited by DLag30; 02-10-2016 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 2