View Single Post
      03-20-2016, 12:04 AM   #19
BM57
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Thanks everyone for sharing and contributing to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
I have the DWS06's. They're a great A/S tire for Vancouver, a little softer than the RFT but a great compromise for our streets. They're quiet and have great treadwear.

I was going to get the Michelin A/S 3's but lots of people I talked to said they were loud and sucked in snow, but seeing they have improved snow traction, it's hard to say which will be better.

Michelin claims that the new Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ has 28% better traction in the snow over the Pilot Sport A/S 3. I'm not really concerned about the snow, so it's not a major factor for my consideration. However, what is important to me is noise level and wet weather performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Best all season for what type of driving? Each tire have their own pro and cons. Conti DWS is good for snow.

Mix of city and highway driving for daily short commuting suitable for Vancouver B.C. climate. No snow or racing/track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomF30 View Post
I went with the Conti Extreme DW. Awesome tire. Up here in Seattle area, these tires handle the rain like a champ. On dry, they are great. Also they are a ton more quiet than my old run flats. I'd buy these tires again.

I've heard that they were much more quieter than the run flats and ride better. That's why I have them on my list. Happy to hear that they worked out well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
About 6 months ago I installed DWS06 tires to my 2014 Sport Line on 18" wheels. They replaced the stock Pirelli P7 A/S's. They have higher grip, better on center response, very good in the wet and good enough in the snow considering the mild winter we had in the Midwest. I'm very happy with them. In addition the ride is much better than the RFT's.

I had hoped they would make the EPS perform better but the reality is the effort is lighter than the RFT's. My guess is this is due to the softer sidewalls.

It seems like the DWS06 has been a decent improvement and a great choice over the Pirelli P7 for you.

Do you think the softer sidewall makes that much of a difference? Are you running the same tire pressure with the DWS06 as you did with the run flats?

I bet Erhard, Tom (Auto Europe) and Discount Tire sell a high enough volume of tires to know what their customers like or complain about. It be interesting to know what tire they're favoring.