View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #69
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Rev Matching Change- AG acknowledges issue

I mentioned a couple pages back that I have the same rev-matching issue on my 2017 (Oct/Nov 2016 produced) 340i 6MT. My software was updated in September '17 and experienced the change from rev-matching on 1 or multiple gear downshift to rev-matching on only 1 gear downshifts.

I took my car in yesterday to the dealer to have them resolve the issue. After having the car for over a day, my SA (Edwin @ BMW of Louisville - he's fantastic!) confirmed to me that they have been in contact with both regional and BMW AG engineers who acknowledge this is an issue from the last software update and they are working on correcting. The approximate timing is March 2018. So while I didn't get it fixed now, I do know that it is a known/acknowledged issue they are working on. Fingers crossed it actually happens.

Edit to add what the service invoice states:

CUSTOMER STATES THAT SINCE THE LAST SOFTWARE UPDATE, THE REVMATCHING IS WORKING ONLY WHEN THE VEHICLE IS DOWNSHIFTED 1GEAR (EX: 4TH to 3RD, 3RD TO 2ND). BUT WHEN GOING DOWN MULTIPLE GEARS (6TH TO 4TH, 5TH TO 3RD) IS ISNT MATCHING -CHECK & ADVISE
Cause: Software error.
Correction: Advanced information states there's a known issue with rev-matching when performing two gear downshifts after being programmed. Additional changes to the strategy are planned for upcoming software which will return the two gear downshift functionality.

Last edited by tsbrown; 11-16-2017 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 4
kern4174449.50
Araemo190.50
mkrup8710.50