04-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #89
tsbrown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araemo View Post
There are lots of options for better, you described one of them. I'd like to have the original behavior back: If you shift into a gear, the engine speed is matched to the gear ratio and vehicle speed. Period. (almost, anyway... you COULD confuse it by shifting into too many gears with one clutch pedal depression, if I recall correctly, but that was a really minor gripe).
I had the new software installed today. For those interested service dept told me it's listed as version 18-03. They did a test drive before returning it to me and confirmed the full functionality is returned.

I only drove it a few miles home so far and can confirm that it will rev-match multiple gear downshifts at various speeds. Have not tried highway speeds but on city streets it seems to match as it did prior to Sept 2017 software update.

I suggest exporting your driver settings before dropping of your car for service since they did not backup and re-install those for me. I had mine on a thumb drive and imported them before leaving the dealership. I won't gripe about that...very minor issue in the grand scheme.
Appreciate 2
kern4174449.50
eluded3041.50