10-02-2019, 12:44 AM   #108
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_man_in_blue View Post
i was more concerned with the wiring from the camera through the trunk and up to the front. Never know if I'd run into any hangups along the way
I installed the module first before installing the camera in the trunk. The dash trim, HU removal, and module connections were straightforward.

I then inserted the RCA extension cable from underneath the plastic trim next to the HU and connected the RCA cable and red wire (using a small wire nut and electrical tape) to the main harness. I then tucked the RCA extension cable around the underside of the glove box. I then lifted the right side of the rear seat and removed the four trim pieces, i.e. one under the rear seat, the middle pillar piece, the front floor piece, and the piece under the glove box. Next, I tucked the cable under the carpet back to the rear passenger seat.

I then placed a flashlight behind the rear seat backrest by reaching through the battery compartment in the trunk (no need to loosen or remove any carpet from the side of the trunk). Then from inside the car I slightly pulled back the top left corner of the rear seat backrest to see the light of the flashlight. I ran the RCA extension cable through that opening in the metal and pulled it into the trunk and up the trunk arm through the battery compartment.

All that I had to do at that point was remove the carpet from the trunk lid, install the camera, and replace all of the trim.
Appreciate 1
aps336.50