Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-335dx View Post
Sytners are offering 25% off all services and MOT's booked online on Friday 15th of November. Tomorrow! Although Black Friday is actually the last Friday of the month but hey, if you're due a service soon then why not save?

https://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/car-mai...ampaign_131119
There are Black Friday Sales in the UK? How did this come about and how long has it been going on? I never imagined that I'd hear that term outside the US. Black Friday originated from the American holiday of Thanksgiving which is always the last Thursday of November. Everyone also has off from work on that Friday so they tend to be out shopping. Years ago retailers got the idea to promote it with sales as the beginning of the Christmas gift shopping season.

Store employees labeled it "Black Friday" because they were all forced to work and it was crazy busy. It started getting disgusting about six years ago when sales would begin at 6pm on Thanksgiving Thursday (when people had previously been home with their families) and goes all night long. I used to have a retail job and it was horrible. Forced to give up time with family and work all night at the same hourly rate.

Having said that...I'm making a list of car parts to buy as soon as Black Friday Sale starts!!!
Presume you've been asleep for the last 3 or 4 years?
Appreciate 0