12-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #102
heredan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013, 2016, 2018, 2019 X1

2018 X1 Brakes vacuum booster issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikashh View Post
I ran into this same problem and it scared the life out of me. 2016 320i is what I drive. Base model no m-sport anything. I was going about 50mph and I was coming up at a red light and the brake pedal became rock hard and would not go down. As I kept getting closer I just kept pumping the brake pedal and it eventually went down and I screeched the car to a stop. From there I drove the car to work and the whole time after that the brakes were giving a bad grinding noise. I then had the car towed to BMW. Next day I went to pick it up and they told me they found no problems in the vehicle's diagnostics or on the road tests.

I really hope BMW issues a recall on these f30s and fixes this problem. Terrifies me to drive my car now since I have to always worry about not being able to stop.

-------

So glad I found this thread - at least I know I'm not the only one! I had my first ever accident on 11/29/19 after over 3 decades of driving due to the same issue. I was too shocked to even think about the hand break! Thank god my speed was around 40 m/hr and there were no fatalities but both cars are totaled and I've been dealing with the pain of bruised ribs + body and numb arm because of the seatbelt & airbag. I also feel horrible for the moms and kids in the other car but thank god they only have soft tissue injuries.

I absolutely love the X1 and this was my 3rd leased one, but I noticed a slow brakes action from the beginning. Then a couple of scary incidents of the brakes first failing and then working after pumping it a couple of times. A couple of days later, on 11/12/19 I took the car to BMW dealership for its first service and complained of the brakes not functioning properly. My car was delivered back to me and I was told my brakes were fine.

Now a BMW engineer is supposed to come to investigate the blackbox and cause of the crash but I'm a typical female who doesn't know anything about cars and I'm afraid if I'll be taken seriously since it's my claim against the engineering giant.

I just truly hope that the BMW makes sure that this would never ever happen to anyone else. Despite all this, after test driving so many cars, I leased my 4th X1 yesterday. Can I hate all men because of one horrible one? :/
Appreciate 0