Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g9icy View Post
Well this has me concerned-ish.

My car's due for its "final warranty check" before the warranty runs out in Sept/Nov, but I've replaced the mirrors with electric folding ones and coded them to fold when I lock the car.

I wonder whether to revert the car to stock before taking it in... Then again, I have no intention of renewing the warranty. Risky I know...

It's on PCP though, so there could be an issue there with the mod.

Also have ACS springs, I assume they're fine with those kinds of mods still?
The risk of not reverting to stock is...if an issue is found during the inspection BMW may not cover it due to the modifications. But if the car is running well with no fault codes stored then the above risk is minimal.
The other risk as I found out is if they plug it in to scan the cars full system and it flags to them a list of "tampered" codes working or not if these flag up you may find they could blacklist from warranty (electrical) then going forward you could find BMW won't grant a full reboot to reset and allow for a warranty again or if left you could find out Allianz have been told via BMW of the electrical blacklisting and then decide at their discretion to not even offer a driveline warranty.