RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris335dF31 View Post
Most 3rd party warranties do not cover idrive, HUD, cameras etc. This why I always go for BMW Extended Warranty.

Presumably BMW know when the car was coded from the logs, so playing dumb and blaming it on the previous owner I don't think will end well?
Now I was told all of these logs are not date or event specific so could it would not be determinable by the dealership to find out specific dates/time's (Munich on the other hand possibly could but they couldn't confirm) when any tampering took place their system just came up with tampered code logs, (you are in a world of your word against theirs) just that their system had pulled up "tampered" coding and as such the vehicle would be electrical equipment black listed for any warranty claims (fine if your happy to go ahead and happy if something to pay out for any big bills like a full idrive system replacement etc)

There was no going route forward or around the coding issue without the reset to allow for the car to be covered by a BMW warranty so that was why I had it done.

The camera is the issue that caused them to also find this coding problem. We all knew was hardware related but now with the findings I might have grounds to pursue an excess refund through BMW.

If I had not gone with the reset my camera bill would have been over £200 for the camera alone let alone labour & wiring harness costs then I would have no grounds to try and get my excess charge for less than the job back or have a car I could fully warranty going forward.