07-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #71
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEda235i View Post
Makes sense. Definitely the least complicated way. Curious how they soldered their cable to the replacement board. If you're handy with a soldering iron you could solder into the original and theoretically control anything you want with those buttons. Like a an electric cutout, meth kit, etc
You have to unplug the cable that goes into the main right handside controller, then plug that into the splitting cable. I presume they pick this up at the iDrive remote as the iDrive remote requires a Y cable to run from the PDC controller to the iDrive loom.. the extra signal must be bundled via that.

In theory yes, you would need to do a lot of customising to the provided wiring though as there's a little controller that sits on the loom between the iDrive wires and PDC controller wires.

I just ordered a set of 19mm versions of these (backlit)

I'm going to mount them below the airbag release holes, steal 12v power from the controller pins (for backlighting) and then wire them onto my valve remote's circuit, that way when I press the button it'll act just like the fob did.