View Single Post
      04-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #16
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I'm not bashing anything. It's just really expensive upgrade for as others have said, costing 50% of what most people on this forum's car is worth.

Modern vehicles already come with poly cones, neo magnets, etc. The reason there is no real upgrades, is there is no real market since most consumers can no longer see that night/day difference in quality. They typically just lack the snappy bass. If you are happy with it, great. I just cannot see value in that kind of upgrade. I love music, but in my world $3-4k is a lot of money. Glad your money tree sheds easier...
Sorry, I didn't realize you were driving around an $8K vehicle. I drive a lower mile 340, which I enjoy modifying. And yes, for me spending $1,500 on a proper catted downpipe, $3K on a hybrid turbo, $1,500 on an HPFP, $2-$3K on forged wheels and tires, $2k on brakes, $2k on suspension is no big deal for a 10+% improvement in the driving experience any one of those categories. There is a whole group of us in the B58 forum that I could have sworn you are a key contributor in and fellow enthusiast.

All that aside, how many base model f3x owners have you seen pour countless $ into what many would consider senseless and tasteless mods? Who cares...it's their car, and that is what car enthusiasts do. The same applies here, so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to make such a comment about the cost of this particular solution or my personal ability to afford a mod you have no interest in. Modding isn't for everyone and neither are all mods or the personal goals we are trying to achieve, but we are all not the same.

I also 100% agree with your statement about modern vehicles, which is exactly why Integral doesn't bother replacing all of the speakers, unlike others. The HK system is not very good in highs or lows, let alone base radio or HiFi and this solution cleans that up and changes the listening experience significantly.

Again, I'm sorry you do not see the value or the market, but there is a group of enthusiasts who do (we already have 8-9 people signed up for the group buy). Our goal is not just to achieve a bit more snappy bass and I hope you can understand that.
Appreciate 0