Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden3301 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
I had this issue with OEM door sills that I bought, I was able to fix it by buying small magnets and wedging them into the battery tray, theres a little slot between the 2 batteries on the battery cover that you can add a magnet.

i'm not sure why the magnetic switch doesnt work on them, but by adding a small magnet, they now work as they should. The door magnet activates them properly and I have no issues.

link to magnets I used to put inside the battery tray: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3N3KN5
Thanks, I wish this forum member sees this thread and hopefully can resolve his issue. But then again, there has been no communication from him so far.
i asked my seller to do a partial refund because i figured mine was defective and he knew about it, but i also was able to figure out how to fix it before he sent me anything and he ended up not refunding me any money. so i'm kinda glad you posted this, makes me think the magnetic switch inside the door sills somehow stops working if they sit around for a while, which is what im assuming since they've been discontinued for years now.
Appreciate 0