Rep
Drives: 2014 f30 335i m-sport/ estoril

Garage List
  [0.00]
2014 f30 335i  [0.00]
2014 f30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
I have a lot of respect for Audiotec BMW amplifiers. I wouldn't touch anything BavSound sells. They are just a slick marketing company.

I have a Harman Kardon audio system that I have upgraded. Whether to choose the Match Up 10 DSP amplifier as an upgrade depends on your goals. I'll describe how I upgraded. Then it depends on any improvements that using the Match Up 10DSP may provide and the cost difference.

UNDERSEAT SUBWOOFER UPGRADE
All three BMW audio systems have excellent speakers, but are lacking in the underseat subwoofers which should be replaced. Much has been written about how the BMW underseat sub boxes are too small for a typical sub to sound good. Almost all subs sold for underseat BMW locations are typical subs that have no technology to help them to sound better. They use slick marketing to try to sell them.

One underseat subwoofer actually has unique technology as proven by its standardized specifications. The Earthquake SWS-8Xi (2-ohm) is a big improvement but it requires about 150watts per channel into 2-ohms to drive it properly.

All three BMW audio systems benefit from replacing the underseat subwoofers with Earthquake SWS-8Xi subs. They cost about $129 each and can be purchased from Walmart Online, Amazon or ECS Tuning. Also required is a pair of Earthquake R8SWS spacer rings for $25/pr either from those retailers or from Earthquake Sound directly. So the Earthquake underseat subwoofer upgrade costs about $283 total.

All three BMW audio systems require more power to the Earthquake underseat subwoofers, 2-channels of 150watts per channel [...]
This info is just what I needed!!! Thanks. I’m going with the AudioControl ACM-2.300. Can you tell me which interface harness from Technicpnp is the correct one to connect the two amps? I see several different ones.
- add a sub T harness
- MOST oem amp replacement hardware kit
- ASD Bypass harness
- add a sub harness w/ LOC-150