United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by balefire View Post
Made my kids wash and ceramic coat my brand new frozen grey m8 convertible in freezing weather this AM.
Ultimately picked Dr. Beasley Matte Paint Coating regular due to cost and my limited understanding of what made the Pro version 10x better.

Any idea if Dr. B Matte Final Finish is worth spraying to boost the ceramic coat or just use AdvanceCoat Matte? How often?
My matte routine over the last 22 months with my frozen white G80;

I have only used Final Finish maybe once a month. I don’t think it boosts the ceramic, but definitely adds a nice layer to protect for a bit (the wash the follows is always easier).

I used the AdvanceCoat Matte maybe twice a year. I did apply the ceramic Pro kit though, and it’s kept it looking fabulous, and of course very easy to clean.

As for the differences between the standard ceramic and Pro kit… they are both great, but the Pro is noticeably better at beading water and longevity. I did the standard matte coating once I purchased the car, and about 2 months in I decided to give the Pro a go. Expensive but well worth it. It’s a 10h rating, one of the hardest ratings of any ceramic (explains the price), and it has definitely protected the finish from the elements.
Appreciate 0