View Single Post
      12-18-2023, 12:22 PM   #18
sdbwisc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
A few years ago I did the front VAC Upper Control (thrust) Arms first, mostly because I didn’t have the cash at the time to also do the lowers. About a year later I followed up by installing the front VAC Lower Control Arms (wishbones).

If you don’t have the funds to both at the same time it is definitely worth doing the Upper Thrust Arms first for two reasons:

1) The stock Thrust Arm bushing tends to wear out first, leaking fluid. Even if it’s not leaking yet, the odds are that the stock Uppers will need replacement before the stock Lowers.

2) The Upper Thrust Arm has more of an effect on steering then the Lower Wishbone. So installing the VAC Monoball Upper Thrust Arm will provide the most steering improvement.

The front VAC Monoball Lower Wishbones definitely add to the steering improvement. Based on my experience I’d say that the improvement from stock Lower Wishbone to VAC Monoball Lower Wishbone was another 50% improvement added to the steering improvement from stock Upper Thrust Arms to VAC Monoball Upper Thrust Arms.

I am very happy to have both pairs of front VAC Monoball Control Arms. The steering is now so much more precise. That stock vague F3x steering feel is gone! There is absolutely no additional Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) transmitted to the cabin occupants. What is added is a really nice road feel, transmitted to the driver’s hands. With the VAC Front Monoball Control Arms the steering finally feels and performs like a fine European Sports Sedan should.
I guess I will have to buy myself the lowers for Xmas
Appreciate 1