View Single Post
      12-30-2023, 01:42 AM   #1
georgerazvan
Rep
Drives: BMW F34

Exclamation Starter/Ignition fault after changing the battery, starter and repaired alternator

Hi everyone!

My car model: BMW F34 xDrive

A few weeks ago I saw for the first time “Starter/Ignition fault” error. I changed the starter. After a while I repaired the alternator because I got “Battery is not being charged” error. From time to time there was a wire burnt smell inside the car, but only for a second. I think that smell is from the alternator(if that will be a wire that should smell all the time isn’t it?).

Now after a few weeks my car is not starting. I got the “Starter Ignition fault” error but it starts if I get a boost for the battery from another car. Trying to start it again and again, now the battery is drained. I changed my battery 2 days ago with a new one, I registered it and the problem persists, it works only a few hours but started only helped by another car boost.

What should I do? could be the IBS and it needs to be replaced? could be the alternator not charging the battery while driving even that was repaired? but if yes, why I get the “Battery not being charged” more than one second and that’s it? I measured and the voltage was right when started, then 14V+. Also before starting 12.3V+.

My model does not have a fuse for start stop, so I eliminated the possibility that can be the fuse itself.

Last edited by georgerazvan; 12-30-2023 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0