Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Thank you for your input Llarry, I have yet to see or hear from any environmentalists in relation to these figures.
I'll try, not claiming to be an environmentalist at all, I own two ICE cars, but do try to live that way

True environmentalist do understand this, and no reason to response, because public transporation and ride sharing instead of private car ownership leaves a far smaller carbon footprint, whether that's ICE or EV. The goal is to reduce your carbon footprint, buying a new car is massively wasteful to begin with.

The 74% or so people that car-addicted posted earlier who brought their EV over environmental concerns are just ill informed (and probably just want to virtue signal).

If you want to do something over climate change, buying a new car, ICE or EV, isn't going to do that, you do so by reducing your impact (as in less buying), it requires a pretty fundamental change to the existing lifestyle. It is not as simple as buying an EV.

I bet these 74% of people don't even see the beginning of reducing their own carbon footprint beyond the visible EV's 'benefits' of no tailpipe emission or no dirty gas stations, when they don't see how the electricity going into their EV, or how the car is made.

I will return to the track, one day.

Last edited by kyriian; 01-29-2024 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 1