View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 04:55 AM   #49
esi183
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboWeasel View Post
Don't go down the engine path just yet. Stick a new turbo on it as its the cheapest option - just over a grand from here - https://turbo-diesel.co.uk/product/t...k-new-garrett/

It won't have BMW branding on it, but it's exactly the same unit.

You would spend a lot more than that having a dealer diagnose the issue. Less at an indie but if they're going go to the trouble of stripping parts off for inspection, you may as well save on labour and bung a new snail on whilst its apart.

Whilst they have it, they can remove the injectors, ultra sonically clean them and perform a compression check. You will know for sure then whether the car is worth persevering with, or bolt it back up and trade it in.
Hi guys, I also have (an admittedly high-mileage) F30 330d with oil consumption issues, currently sitting around 188,000miles. All original engine internals and turbo, 1 litre per 2000-2500miles. I am happy to do a compression test (as well as checking the turbo), but obviously don't want the pain of taking out the glow plugs, which will snap at this mileage. I was wondering whether the standard 'injector fit' diesel compression tools work, or whehter a special one (to fit with the N57 injector clamping setup) is required. If so - could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0