View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 05:25 AM   #63
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Because it's a £100k Lotus, that's why. Or more accurately, as it turns out, a massively overpriced Chinese MG.

Lotus are as British as fish & chips. They should be made in a shed in Norfolk by five members of the same family and be crap but light and well engineered. Then loved by their fans even though they are crap.

As soon as you put China into the equation, it stinks of using the Lotus badge's status for profit.

Colin Chapman would be very displeased, of that I am certain.

TVR are a good case as reference. Built in Blackpool for decades. They were crap but 'British crap', so got themselves a huge kudos. Then sold out to the Ruskys. All the kudos was gone in a heartbeat and they failed.

I fear this is Lotus's TVR moment!
Another great post Pond

Yes poor Colin Chapmans legacy really has been flushed down the 'sh1tter'.

Lotus' USP has always been lightness, it is, or should say was their Mantra. If Lotus are still going in 5 years time I will be surprised.

They have gone in the space of a few years from selling some of the best drivers cars in the world at reasonably sensible prices to an EV turd that will be purchased by people with more money than sense so they can 'show off' on the school run....... how very sad
Appreciate 1
Pond1922.00