It's been funny to read this thread as obviously most of the post are from customers from North America. Sure we do have different kind of interests (for example I haven't ever used a cup holder,) what should be standard in 3-series. LSD is just good joke to be standard, I doesn't make any sense for most of BMW customers to be honest. For M buyers the story is of course totally different as it should be. Here are my ideas to be improved for the following 3-series.
- Folding backseats for F30, although I'm driving the touring and it has those as standard.
- Run-flats just doesn't work. Good idea, but so far they haven't met the requirements. So at least offer regular ones without an extra cost.
- Xenon headlights has to be standard for cars above 40 000€.
- Base radio sucks so it should be slightly better, of course HiFis are always optional equipment.
- Door handles same color as the car in standard. After the LCI they have been but in 2006 they weren't. That is just mocking the customer.
- No freakin' iPod docks etc. USB and aux-in should be placed closer the radio for better usability.