View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Non Run Flat Tires: Suggestions, Results and Pictures

My F30 335i is set to arrive in the next few weeks and from nearly everything I have read the run-flats are MUCH improved over previous generations but are still run flat and low rolling resistance which are very disappointing from a handling/grip perspective compared to non-run-flat tires.

There are multiple threads on this and other forums complaining, praising, questioning run flats and changing them.

I was hoping we could set up a central thread for those of us who want to switch to non run flat tires on our F30s.

1. Any suggestions or reports on which non run flats you've switched to?
2. Anybody able to have the dealer switch out the run flats on delivery for free?
3. Anybody try/buy a Spare Tire Repair kit? Any advice on which one works with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems?
4. Any reason to be concerned that the F30 suspension is set up for run flat and switching to non-run flat will mess up the ride?
5. Does a leased vehicle have to be returned with run flats? What have you done or plan to do about that?
6. Any feedback on how the run flats actually are for grip/handling? I understand they're pretty good for comfort etc., but what about grip/handling?
7. Any feedback/calculations on going with 235 or wider tires on the 18" rims?
Appreciate 0